Schedule of events
Saturday, January 5th, 2:00-3:30pm
Public Event: Embracing an Anti-Inflammatory Lifestyle for Weight Loss & Vibrant Health
Did you know that obesity, digestive issues, joint problems, auto-immune diseases, reproductive disorders, diabetes and heart disease are all rooted in inflammation? In this session, you'll learn:
- How the Standard American Diet causes inflammation.
- How inflammation triggers obesity and disease.
- What foods are anti-inflammatory and how to incorporate them into your diet to help you heal from inflammation and lose weight.
- What lifestyle changes you can make to embrace the anti-inflammatory life.
North Olmsted Public Library
Sunday, January 20th, 5:00-7:00pm
Public Event: Yoga Class and Weight Loss 101 Motivational Presentation
This event is part of Franklin Park Conservatory's First Annual Wellness Challenge! It begins with a one-hour, all levels yoga class given by local instructor Amanda Reynolds, followed by my 45 minute motivational presentation, Weight Loss 101.
Are you ready to stop the cycle of yo-yo dieting and keep the weight off for good? Join me, and learn:
- How the weight loss industry is designed to set us up for failure and keep us coming back.
- Which surprising foods contribute to obesity and disease.
- How to thrive in a culture centered around unhealthy foods.
- The power of "substitutions" in your long-term success.
Franklin Park Conservatory, Columbus Ohio
Friday, February 22nd, 8:00am
Private Event: Nutrition for Students: Empowerment Through Food
Food has the power to hurt us or heal us, both mentally and physically. In this class, students will learn:
- How the Standard American Diet sets the stage for Type 2 Diabetes, heart disease, cancers, obesity and depression.
- What choices they can make to maximize health and well-being.
Via the You Can You Will Foundation
Cleveland Metropolitan School District, Cleveland, Ohio
Saturday, May 18th, 11:00am - 7:00pm
Public Event: The Cleveland VegFest
Join me for this amazing event, which draws 10K - 15K people from around the nation! You'll experience amazing vendors, food and speakers, and admission is free. I'll have a booth where I'll be selling my book, The InnerStrength Life, and offering my new program, The PlantPower Weight Loss Solution!
Huntington Convention Center, Cleveland, Ohio
Monday, August 12th, 5:30pm - 7:00pm
Public Event: Bucking the System: Embracing a Vegan Diet for Weight Loss & Vibrant Health
Oberlin Public Library, Oberlin, Ohio
Saturday, August 24th, 11:00am - 6:00pm
Public Event: The Columbus Vegan Festival
Join me and thousands of others for this high-profile event in Ohio's capital city! I'll not only have a booth, but I'll be doing two talks:
11:15am Women's Rights: What's Food Got To Do With It?
1:00pm Bucking the System: Embracing a Vegan Diet for Weight Loss & Vibrant Health
Whetstone Community Center, Columbus, Ohio
Monday, December 16th, 6:30pm - 8:30pm
Public Event: A Vegan Holiday
Kick off your holiday by joining Chef Jon and I in the beautiful Wells Barn at FPC for this very special, delicious event! I'll be doing a short talk on the benefits of a plant-based diet, followed by a fun and informative cooking demo by Chef Jon! Meanwhile, you'll enjoy vegan wine and a light meal with these incredible dishes:
- Butternut Squash Soup with Fire-Roasted Apples, Citrus Cream, and Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Tempeh Steak with Carmelized Cauliflower Mash, Housemade Steak Sauce, and Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Vegan Vanilla Cheesecake with Peppermint Chocolate Bark and Shortbread Crumble
Franklin Park Conservatory, Columbus, Ohio